Page 1 of 5
Vision Statement of Little Bethel Community Church:
"As an expression of the Body of Christ we seek to conitinue God's work in our community and beyond to bring people to freedom and wholeness in Jesus Christ our Lord."
"As an expression of the Body of Christ"
- This expresses our identity, who we are.
- We are a Community of people who have come to salvation "In Christ." Jesus Christ is the centre and foundation of our community.
We are united in Christ, accepted by Christ, born again, forgiven, justified and reconciled by faith in Christ. Christ lives in us by the Holy Spirit while also he is the head of the Church.
- The body of Christ is a famiuly. We are called into relationship with each other. There is diversity and unity in the Body. We are a rich 'tapestry' of people brought together in Christ.
- We seek to love each other, as God has loved us in Christ.
- We are a local expression of the Body of Christ. We repreesent him in this specific community but we are part of the larger universal community of those who follow Christ.
"We seek to continue God's work"
- This expresses our purpose, what we do. We are the hands and feet of Jesus.
- We are a visible expression and presence of Christ in the world today.
- We seek to obey Christ's command to go and help others become disciples of Christ.
- We are learning what it means to be a community and to continue his work.
- We work together in co-operative teamwork. Each member has unique gifts and ministries. The whole Body is healthy and grows as we each do our part and support each other.
- Jesus said, "As the Father sent me, so I am sending you." (John 20:21). We go as Christ did. In the power of the Holy Spirit proclaiming the Good News of he Kingdom in the world, and demonstrating thhe presence of the Kingdom through acts of healing and service to the poor and oppressed.
"In our community and beyond"
- We are called to this community of East Hamilton, but we also seek to obey Christ's command to go "Into all the world."
- We are a local church with a global vision and impact
"To bring people to freedom and wholeness in Jesus Christi our Lord."
- God uses us to communicate the Gospel and draw people to him.
- Salvation is freedom from all the effects of the fall. It brings freedom from sin to all areas of our lives; spiritual, physical, emotional, relational. This freedom is found 'in' Christ when we put our faith in Christ and what he accomplished in his deeath and resurrection.
- We focus on the truth of Christ that brings freedom and we speak this truth in love.
- We seek to be a safe place where the broken and marginalized can begin to experience freedom in Christ through loving community.